Wearable Device Challenge is promoted by the IEEE student branch of Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma.
The competition is opened to all students who are called to form teams composed by maximum 6 members.
The objective of the challenge is to create wearable systems able to:
- Monitor vital parameters (i.e., respiratory frequency) or kinematic parameters (i.e., neck, wrist and elbow movements, etc.);
- Retrieve and store data in Real-time;
- Estimate the physiological parameter of interest
The developed systems will be evaluated by means of the following criteria:
- Wearability of the device
- Performance of the device
- Novelty of the proposed solution
- Presentation of the project.
- Reward for first placed team: 300 euros
- Reward for second placed team: 200 euros
- Reward for third placed team: 100 euros
Partecipants will provide the wearable system ready for testing. Moreover, they will have 5 minutes to present the proposed device and the application of interest.
- Emiliano Schena (Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma) - email@example.com
- Luca Massari (School of Advanced Studies - Sant'Anna - Pisa) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Francesco Bonavolontà (University of Naples Federico II) - email@example.com
University Campus Bio Medico di Roma
Via Alvaro del Portillo, 21
June 4-5, 2020